The Blog for Penryn (UK) -based Kernow Youth Society for the Performing Arts. Our society is open to young people aged 9 upwards from the Falmouth and Penryn area. Our aim is to allow members to explore their interest in the performing arts through drama and film activities. KYSPA has a strong citizenship theme with activities aiming to promote self confidence, teamwork and communication skills.
Sunday, 16 September 2007
1. The content of the educational video will focus on the issue of grooming and keeping safe. Many shots will not reveal the identity of the actors at all, but all footage will be sensitively handled and there is no content which will be uncomfortable for our young people to act.
2. The script will be developed in partnership with the actors. Parents will have the opportunity to look at the script before shooting and raise any concerns.
3. Parents are welcome to attend shoots if they wish.
4. Parents will preview the finished film before general release. The views and wishes of parents and actors are paramount and permission can be withdrawn even at a late stage if either are uncomfortable with the films content. However, we hope that through discussion and involvement throughout the project this will be avoided.
5. Parents and actors need to be aware, though, that this film will be a high profile, national resource. images will be distributed around the UK to schools and youth organisations.
6. Given the subject matter, it was agreed that KYSPA's name will not appear in the credits - to avoid any chance of actors being widely recognised in terms of where they live.
7. The DVD is being produced in a format which means it cannot be copied. This ensures that copies will go to authorised organisations only.
8. There was support for this project, subject to these safeguards, from parents and our members.
CRASAC are happy to discuss this project and any concerns at any time. They can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org or on : Kim Lyall Cornwall Rape And Sexual Abuse Centre 01872 262100